Even though How to Have a Successful Blog covers a lot of territory:
(Too much information for one post).
Your blogging success will always revolve around these two primary ingredients:
- Your niche
- The content on your blog
Creating a successful blog starts and ends with getting answers to people on the web.
There’s plenty to learn about SEO, back links, formating post, website speed, WordPress, finding affiliate products, Email subscribers, etc.
And all of that, and more, is important to your success.
But the truth is that all of that is secondary to real online success.
Here’s How To Make Your Blog Successful
No matter what part of your website business you’re working on today, remember these two primary ingredients.
Make your blog about something in particular
Because you can’t serve the world, you’ll need to find a smaller group of people to serve.
You’ll need to decide what your blog will be about before you start!
Without having a purpose, or general theme to build you’re blog around: it will wind up a hodge podge of ideas that have no relation to each other.
And that’s bad for blogging
That’s bad because when someone goes to a website they are usually attempting to find answers to a problem — or — they’re shopping for a product.
If you’re website is an array of blog post about an array of topics — people who land on your site won’t stick around long.
Successful blogs have a main theme
It will need to be in a particular niche to have the best chances for success.
If you’re not sure about niches: read this article about niches on the internet.
To tell you the truth:
Choosing a niche is a problem for a lot of beginners:
- On the one hand you want to get a blog started, so you need to take action.
- On the other hand you need to think this website idea out, and decide on a niche — before you make a move.
If you’re not sure on an idea for your blog:
Read this article to get started.
What can I blog about week after week?
As you think about what your blog will be about, consider this:
Why planning a blog strategy is important
Starting a blog, writing a lot of post for it, along with all the other things that go along with blogging takes a lot of work — and time.
It’s not the end of the world if you start a blog about one topic, and then choose to abandon it later on to start over:
But you might save yourself a lot of time by:
- Learning about niches
- Doing some keyword research to see if people are actually searching for your ideas
For more information on researching the market and free keyword research tools:
(If you would like to download a list of 23 places to find keywords click here or in the image below)
Write content that answers questions and solves problems
Now that you’ve picked just the right niche for your blog, it’s all about content.
Successful blog owners are always some degree of:
- Provider of products and information that are searched for on the internet
Why People Use the Internet
I think we all have three reasons to surf the web
- Looking for information to help us solve a problem
- Searching for a product to help us solve a problem
- We are bored and merely wasting time
I have no idea how to address the people who are merely wasting time:
So I need a blog that falls into the realm of providing information and products that are marketable on the web.
You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar
Writing content that genuinely helps people solve their problems is the key to success.
What if I’m not really an expert in my niche?
If you chose a niche and are developing a blog around something that you consider yourself an expert in:
You’re one of the chosen few!
The rest of the bloggers in the world, become successful by researching, learning, and teaching about what they are learning.
Here’s how to quickly become an expert
You’ve chosen a keyword— based on your research — that people are searching for:
- They need answers
- Now you do the research for them
Google the question yourself and spend time researching the topic and learning everything you can:
- Read and research the topic for a couple of hours. Longer when you’re just starting out with your blog content.
- If I don’t know how to answer the question, I search for it and open 2-4 of the search results.
- I want to learn everything I can about the keyword in as short a time span as possible.
- Next I jot down several key points that will serve as my outline.
- Now explain each key point
- Write an introduction and a closing or conclusion to the article.
Why this works
The more you research your niche to create content for your blog — the more knowledge you will gain.
The more you teach what you are researching and learning: The more you will understand the niche.
Expert content writers solve my problems
The thing is:
If I am searching for how to write blog content, I don’t care who the information comes from?
- When I am going through the search results, I first notice if the content I am reading is appealing to me?
- Does this author looks like he can write what he’s teaching me?
- Can I follow his blog post and make my own post better by doing what he says?
If I can, he knows more than me, even if he just started today!
He’s an expert:
And that’s all I was looking for!
That’s how you become an expert in your own niche.
You don’t need to wait until you’ve 10,000 hours of education on the subject.
Learn it and teach it as you are learning.
You will know more than the people searching online because:
You are actively researching your niche constantly.
There is so much involved in creating a successful blog, that it’s impossible to address it with one post.
And most of it is not cut and dry: meaning there are many ways to arrive at the same end.
- Highly defined and narrow niches
- High quality content that serves to help readers answer questions and solve problems
Will never stop being the the two most important ingredients of successful blogging.
Now, there’s an even better way to learn how to have a successful blog and make money online from affiliate marketing:
So go ahead and read my review now.